Saturday, March 6, 2021

How not to operate a mini excavator :)

Before mobilizing T-Rex (our new 1-ton mini excavator) to Maambal Orchard, I have to learn to operate it first. A pea-sized gravel stockpile is a good practice area. 

This is my first time to run such a machine, and I'm surprised at how complicated it is for me to get used to the numerous controls and movements. Although I've over three decades experience in driving cars and motorcycles (I can also operate a forklift quite well), a mini excavator is a different level of ball game. I've to watch out for the balance of the machine given its very light weight. 

I'm confident though that in a few more sessions, I'll become quite familiar with the equipment and I can start using it in the Orchard.

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment